Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekend Workouts and Other News


I had one of those weekends that was both productive and fun and I didn’t want it to end.
Saturday, I finished a project that I’ve been working on ALL SUMMER.

Horrid Sewing Cabinet Before
I call it The Horrid Sewing Machine Cabinet Refinishing Project. It belonged to my great-grandmother and I finally decided to strip the horrible stain that was on it and bring it back to bare wood. I spent hours stripping and scraping and trying to avoid breathing toxic fumes.
And after.

   



When I got everything off, I discovered the wood grain was not very pretty, which is probably why it was painted to begin with. So I ended up re-painting it and covering the inside with fabric.

I do like it much better now and it's very handy for holding towels and sheets in the basement bathroom.

And I discovered I don't like to refinish old furniture. So I won't be doing anything like this again soon.


                                      
I've been drooling over Colorado peaches so I baked a peach and blueberry cobbler this weekend. And it was tasty, if I do say so myself. I've been eating those peaches like candy. The sign of a good peach is when the juice runs down your arm to the elbow. Yum.

  
I made time for Jazzercise on Saturday, too, with Christy Dempsey and did a few routines I’d never done before.  That’s the fun thing about trying different instructors – the music differs and you get to do something new.
(I doubt it totally made up for the cobbler I ate but it helped a little, right?)



I spent Sunday with friends floating down the Elkhorn River. I love water. It's therapeutic and totally Zen. I ate a really bizarre collection of goodies while floating: sandwiches, cheese and fruit, Twizzlers and cookies. And wine, of course. (I lost a little bottle of wine somewhere along the way so there my be some tipsy fish in the river.) We talked and laughed and I want to do it again. Like, tomorrow.
Couldn't quite fit myself in the selfie. You can see my visor on the left.


I missed my usual Sunday step workout at my gym and Strength at Jazzercise. But it was totally worth it.

How was your weekend?





No comments:

Post a Comment