Friday, July 24, 2015

Fit Fashionista Rant



Amy Schumer
Quit telling me how to talk and what to wear.

There’s been a spate of articles lately on women’s voices, how we should or shouldn’t sound when we talk and words we shouldn’t use such as “sorry” or “like”. Then there are lists of things we’re not supposed to wear ever or over a certain age.

I’m here to tell you that I’ve been talking on my own for years and I actually communicate just fine. As far as what I choose to hang in my closet, I’m an adult and I can make own decisions, thank you very much.  

In fact, I’m an offender in at least six of the categories on this list of 24 Things Women Should Stop Wearing After Age 30 (hello, hoop earrings and leopard print!) and if I can find some sparkly pants like the ones in the article, it’ll be seven.

If I want to speak in a low voice or a high voice while I’m wearing my furry boots, that’s what I’m going to do. The author can kiss my lovely, Jazzercise-sculpted, leopard print and 
bling-covered rear.

Okay. I’m stepping off my soapbox.

On to fun stuff I saw this week.

It's all in the details, like the patch of lace on this top.
Strong but soft.

 These green and black, leopard print shoes from Nike. (Worn by a woman over 30.)
Because they're so cute.

This tote bag. 
I'm sort of into the animal print thing.



So what theoretically age-inappropriate items do you have hanging in your closet? 








No comments:

Post a Comment