Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Random Thoughts during PT at the Park


I recently completed a session of Personal Touch in the Park, a four week small group class offered through Jazzercise and taught by Fara. (Fara of triathlon fame.) It's one of my favorite classes because it's outside, it's a different workout experience and it's fun. Which is not to say there isn't some whining involved.

Here are some of the thoughts that go through my head during the class.
  • It's 350 degrees out and I feel like I'm in the jungle. I'm already sweating and I haven't gotten out of the car yet.
  •  It's almost time for the class to start and Fara's not here yet. Maybe she's not coming. 
  • Oh, no, here she is with that big smile on her face, carrying an armload of red tubes. She's relieved that the weather isn't as bad as she thought it would be. (Because if it were any more humid it would be raining.)
  • Maybe she'll take it easy on us because it's so hot.
  • Nope. We're running. And we're running up that hill. Well, actually, other people are running up that hill. I'm sort of trudging, hobbling and muttering under my breath. I can't do this. It's too hot. I can't do this. I can't....
  • Hey, I made it! I am awesome. I am a beast. I can do this.
  • Oh, no. I can't do this. Step-ups onto the picnic table bench are made for tall people with long legs, not short people like me with legs still quivering from the hill. But only twenty. I can do twenty! What?! Twenty each leg? She's kidding, right? Followed by 50 squats. 

  • Moving on to chest and arms with the tube. Sweat is dripping off my face. Why do I sweat so much? It's not a good look. 


  •  MORE CARDIO. Just a little sidestepping and a few lunges. A few million lunges. 

  • Ahhh. A breeze. 
  • Planks, planks and more planks. Who invented planks? This could substitute for waterboarding. I'd give up a lot of secrets to be able to put my knees down right now.
  •  More ab work. At least we get to lie down. What if I can't get up again?

And done!
I feel great! Let's do it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment