So far in July…
· A holiday weekend that was SOOOO much fun but didn’t exactly break fitness records. My favorite quote from the weekend was: “Do you need sugar before you do this? Well, I do.” (Yes, Sharon, you gave us permission to buy red licorice. And yes, it does taste good with beer.)
· One workout. Just one. I went to Jazzercise on Saturday. Okay, I did take the dogs for walks so I wasn’t a complete sloth. But most of the time, I sat there. In a lawn chair by the lake. Around the firepit. Around the cabin drinking coffee. At home in front of the TV.
· Lots of delicious food. Shish-kebabs, pasta salad, cookies, breakfast casserole. We even ate cherry pie straight out of the pie pan, falling upon it like a pack of dogs. Not a pretty sight.
It occurs to me, that we’re halfway through the year and I’m not really on-track with my fitness goals.
I did get back at it yesterday with a sensible diet and a cycling class at Fly Fitness. This morning there are TWO boxes of donuts in the break room at work and I refuse to succumb. And I AM going to Jazzercise after work.
I feel better already.
I’m also re-focusing on my goals.
Here they are:
· Lose ten pounds.
· Try paddleboarding.
· Get my resting metabolic rate tested.
· Meet with a nutritionist
· Organize a healthy meal-planning class.
What’s your fitness plan for the rest of 2016?