Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Thinking Outside the Head of Lettuce

I take my lunch to work almost every day. Usually, I throw together a big salad with a variety of greens and whatever I have on hand - tomatoes, mozzarella, cucumbers, a little cooked chicken, olives, broccoli. It's a great way to get a hearty serving of veggies every day.

But, lately, I've been suffering from salad fatigue. It can get boring.

I've started spicing things up by looking for interesting and healthy salad recipes on Pinterest. This is what I tried this week and it was great!
It's roasted sweet potatoes, quinoa, cherry tomatoes, chopped green beans and a few dried cranberries with a raspberry vinaigrette. Tasty, colorful and filling.

In September, I couldn't get enough of this salad:



Cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, corn, mozzarella and avocado. Of course, it's always easier for me to put together a great salad in the summer and early fall when vegetables are fresh. But I do love an alternative to lettuce!

What are your favorite healthy brown-bag lunches?

No comments:

Post a Comment