So how are those 2014 resolutions coming?
It might be too late for me to lose another ten pounds, learn to speak Spanish and become an expert bread baker.
However, just because I didn’t check off everything on my list, I’m not writing off the year as a failure. In fact, when it comes to health and fitness, 2014 has been a success.
- I earned my Crave shirt from Jazzercise for taking 150 classes.
- My G.I. Jane class from Prairie Life Fitness scaled walls and slogged through muddy water at the Mud Factor run.
- I worked out at the park with Fara and the rest of the Hard Core and More Jazzercise group. And I want to do it again next spring.
- MOST of the time I ate a healthy diet. I tried to follow the 80/20 rule and do the right thing 80% of the time. (Well, there was that one day...)
- My son and I teamed up to climb the wall at UNL. Yes, I made it to the top.
- I mixed it up with Pilates Reformer class, yoga and Nia. Variety is good.
- I started using a stand-up desk at work. (Because sitting is the new smoking.)
All in all, it was a good year for health and fitness. And when I failed (and I did!), I tried to “fail forward” by learning from mistakes and not letting failure stop me in my tracks.
In fact, the year isn’t over yet.
So here are my resolutions for the last few weeks of 2014.
· Move every day. Jazzercise, PLF, yoga, walks - just do it.
· Enjoy the holiday goodies but don’t use them as an excuse to binge
· Drink water.
And enjoy every minute of the holidays!